General Instructions for All Models: It is necessary to Change the Password, the name of your Wi-FI point, change other important parameters that affect the operation of the router. In any case, all this will be impossible to do if you cannot access control panel with 192.168.1.1 help. After all, there it is possible to change the settings.
General Settings of the Router
Instructions for Specific Manufacturers of Routers
Below is a list of useful links for entering the page with parameters for a variety of models:
- Instructions for TP-link routers
- Instructions for entering the settings on D-Link routers
- For Asus Routers
- For Linksys Routers
Connecting Computer to the Router
- We carry out the connection of the Internet cable: one side is inserted into the Computer, the other – into the router. Below is the photo you can see What all Inputs does a router have and what connector to insert it into.
- Check whether the Cable is inserted in WAN input or not.
- To access the settings page, the browser is opened, the following combination of numbers is entered in the row – 192.168.1.1, you can use this one – 192.168.0.1. As for personal data (login and password), and they will be required to gain access, they can be found directly on the router’s case. A special sticker contains this information.
- Please note that the router when changing the parameters of its work must be in the switched on phase. As mentioned above, we go to the page at one of the following addresses ( 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1). To open the page after entering numbers, just press Enter. After that, you will see a window in which there are fields for entering data (name and secret password). Standard combinations are admin and admin. Check yourself if this is so by looking at the body of the router – on the same sticker.
When for some reason there is no information on the router’s case, you can always use the standard values:
- In the address bar, Enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Login: admin and The password is 1234 or leave blank.
After this stage is completed, we carry Log in. Below is an example of a page that you should see on the monitor. It may differ somewhat, but the essence should be the same.
Have you entered everything correctly? Then you can go to the settings and see your router.
When this did not happen, you need to find out why. Further in article we will talk about it.
We are trying to access the control panel via Wi-Fi – connection
This is the second method that we talked about at the beginning. The network cable may simply not be at hand, and the settings need to go very strongly. Then do this by connecting to a wireless access point. This can be done from any device – from which it will be convenient for you.
Be careful when changing settings in this way. You can change any parameters, just do not update the router software. This procedure is safe when you upgrade with a cable connected. A number of articles are devoted to this particular problem: for Tp-Link , D-Link .
After connecting to Wi-Fi, perform all the actions described above to access the settings page via a network cable. All the same, we repeat the whole procedure of actions:
- Open browser – enter the address in the query string (192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1)
- Enter the required data.
- Opening the page with the settings.
If Error Page Occurs or Page could not be Opened
This informational message indicates that no connection has been established between two devices: a computer and a router. And there is no difference, it is used to transfer data from one to another cable or wireless connection. Look down at the internet icon in the corner of the screen – is there a connection?
- It is necessary to verify the network settings. It is possible that a static IP address is set, other strange parameters, it does not matter. All static indicators need to be translated into automatic mode. Learn how to check the settings of the local and wireless network in Windows, here.
- Ensure the integrity of the cable sheath – suddenly it is damaged, so there is no access to the Internet. Try using another way – via Wi-Fi.
- Now the same scheme, just the opposite – disconnect from the wireless access point and plug into the cable jack.
- As a last resort, you can always reset the settings of the router to the factory settings.
- The most global cause is a router crash. Then all of the above will not help.
Invalid Username / Password. Or nothing happens after clicking the Login button.
Very often there is a situation when after you enter the data an error about the incorrectness of the login or password pops up, or nothing happens at all.
- Use different combinations of username and password. Try to enter all sorts of values – we listed them above.
- Open the page through another browser – it sometimes helps.
- If you simply forgot the password, it remains to reset the set parameters.