A router is basically a splitter of an Ethernet cable. Routers are the most used to connect several computers to the Internet through the same connection. They can also be used to configure a local network, with or without an Internet connection. Each router comes with some basic software, called firmware, that controls the router’s configuration. Access to this software is like access to a web page. You need to know your router address and login credentials.
Login to Router using Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Type “http: //”, then the router’s IP address. Linksys and 3Com routers use “192.168.1.1” as the IP address. D-Link and Netgear routers use “192.168.0.1” as the IP address. Microsoft Broadband routers use ” 192.168.2.1″ as the IP address. Check the router manual if none of these is your address.
- Press the “Enter” button.
- Type “admin” in the Username box and “admin” in the password box if you use a 3Com, Linksys or Microsoft Broadband router. For Netgear routers, use “password” as the password and for D-Link, leave the password box blank. Check the router manual if necessary to find 192.168.l.l default login credentials.
- Press the “Enter” button to log in to the router.
- Many (but not all) routers use 192.168.1.1 as the router address. Check the router owner’s manual for the correct IP address, administrator username and password.
Items you will need
- Computer with wired network adapter
- Ethernet cable (Category 5, 5e or 6)
- Wireless router
- Router owner’s manual
ASUS router login guide
Step 1: Connect your ASUS router to a PC / laptop with an RJ45 Ethernet cable. Make sure the RJ45 cable is working.
Step 2: Once the connection is made, open a browser on your computer and type Asus Router Default IP Address.
Step 3: You will be asked for username and password. Enter the details.
Step 4: This will open the router administration page. You can now change or modify the router settings on your own. (Reset Factory Settings of Asus router)
D-Link / TP-Link Router login Configuration
TP-Link routers are the most commonly used routers for home networks since they are very easy to configure and manage. Follow these steps to connect and configure TP-link paths on Windows and Mac PC.
Step 1: Connect the PC and your TP-Link router with an Ethernet cable.
Step 2: In the browser URL bar, type ” 192.168.1.1 ” or ” 192.168.0.1 ” and press Enter.
Step 3: Enter your username and password. (admin-admin or admin-password) If you have not changed it or if it is new, look for it on the Router.
Step 4: Once done. You will see a TP-link welcome page. Now change or modify the settings you want to change.