A Router, like any other active device connected to a computer network, has its own IP address. The IP address of the router may be needed when setting up a local network, Changing Router Password of Wi-Fi, and in many other cases. Now we will talk about how to Find Default IP address of the router to which your computer is connected.
Try Standard IP Addresses for Routers
If we are talking about a normal home or office LAN, then in most cases 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 is used as the router’s IP address. The probability that the router uses a different IP address is very small. Therefore, the first thing to check is these two.
In order to verify these two IP addresses simply enter them into the address bar of the browser. If the router is really accessible on one of them, then you will see the web interface of the router or a suggestion to enter a login and password for access.
|ROUTER BRAND||LOGIN IP ADDRESS||USERNAME||PASSWORD|
|Cisco or Linksys||192.168.1.1||admin||admin|
|Belkin||192.168.2.1||Click on Login in Home||(Blank)|
|Digisol||192.168.2.1||admin or 1234||admin|
Find Default IP Address of the Router using Command IPCONFIG
- To get started, use the Windows + R key combination to open the Run menu.
- In the window that opens, Enter the command CMD and press the enter button. After this, you should open the ” Command Line “.
- Enter IPCONFIG in the “Command Prompt” and hit enter.
After that, information about network connections will be loaded into the Command Line. The IP address of your router will be indicated opposite the item “Main gateway”. In our case, this is 192.168.0.1.
Find Default IP address of the Router using Windows
If using the “Command Line” is too difficult for you, then you can see the IP address of the main gateway and, accordingly, of your router in the Windows operating system settings.
- To do this, open the Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center. In the “Network and Sharing Center” window, click on the “Local Area Connection” or “Ethernet”.
- And in the window that opens, click on the “Details” button.
- In the next window, you will see all the information about your network connection.
- The IP address of the router will be listed here, it is located opposite the “Default Gateway” item.
So These are some of the easiest Ways to Find your Default IP Address of your Router.